Skip to main content

I AM STEVE ROGERS



Assalamualaikum and hi everyone! Today we are coming back to you with a post after being away for the last week. (the reason being, that last week was our Mid-term holiday). Today I will be sharing with you what happened for the last two weeks. But before that I would like to summarize our activities in this project and share with you my impressions so far. 

Our project was with toy libraries Malaysia. The reason we chose toy libraries is because we believe that the existence of places like toy libraries is very important for children. Children learns most at early age so by providing toy library for them, this will help them develop their creativity and intelligence. So we went to the toy library located at Damai apartment at Damansara Damai and we met the kids there. We started to get to know them through some ice breaking activities. Then later we started to discuss with them regarding the toy library there and how it can be improved. We helped them to plan on what they can enhance. We divided ourselves with the children into groups and then worked together to form plans and then every team presented their ideas. We planned the carnival day with them and then we went to help them organise the toy library and help in cleaning it and removing materials that are not safe for the kids like the extra plants. We met several times with the children and we met with Datin PH Wong to discuss on the project procedure and to interact with the kids. Then on the day of the carnival we had a full day of interaction with the children in that area. That day there were around 20 child present. we did many activities together that included ice breaking, and aerobic dancing. We then taught them some skills like, how to make a sandwich, how to make a butterfly key chain, and other creative arts. The kids had a lot of fun and we also enjoyed our time. We taught them a lot and we also learned a lot.

After finishing our program with the kids, we met with Datin PH Wong to pass her our assessment sheet. During the meeting, Datin PH Wong shared with us her feedback based on our interaction with the community there. The discussion also included the possible improvements that can be done in future volunteering activities to ensure the maximum benefits for the community.

In the mean time we  continued our discussions and feedback for each other within the group. We shared out our individual thoughts and personal feedback in our whatsapp group. We discussed how much we learned from this experience and how valuable this kind of activities are to ensure better connections among students that results in easier communication within the students. Throughout our discussions, we reviewed our progress and we looked back to all the memories that were created. We looked at the photos of the children and how much fun they had.


We also discussed about the booth that we had for the toy donation. The discussion included important details like how much those items that were collected can make a difference in the children's life. 



It is true that this was a university course that we had to do, but we took it seriously; we tried to help with all our potential and the results were great. We connected with the children, we helped them, they enjoyed and we all had fun.



It's true that our practical part of the social engagement course has finished but we atill continue our group discussions and improvements as we still have to procedure our individual reflections about this experience. Therefore, don't worry as we will continue to update you guys here in our page so stay tuned for our upcoming posts! 

Written by:
Ashraf Adel Mohammed Almohagry (KIA160702)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AMIR ZULFITRI BIN DZIYAULARZAK (KIA160103)

Assalammualaikum and Hi guys! how u all doing? I hope you guys are in good health. It is said to say that our activity with Toy Library is come to end. A lot of memories we share together. Not only that, but we also exchange our idea among each other and share our experience during the activities. Although, there are difficulties that we are facing together but Alhamdullilah the project has been running smoothly. I would like to give credit to Puan Jameyah and Datin PH Wong who has helped us and trust us to do an activity with them. I have learned a lot of things with them particularly in the volunteer programme. They have joined so many volunteer programme and has contributed to a volunteer programme for many years. I have learned a lot during the activities that we are doing at the Toy Library. The first thing is leadership. Since I am the president of the Civangers, I have to deal with many parties. I have to make an agreement between lecturer and Toy Library. Furtherm...

NUR SITI KHADIJAH BINTI MD SAMSUDIN (KIA160113)

Assalammualaikum, hye everyone!😊.Nice to meet you guys.Today I want to share my reflection about all activities that I did with my teams and Toy Libraries. Alhamdulillah, I am so grateful that can join this course. Based the things I got from this project, I can enhance on academic which I can related to our discipline and service-learning context. The activities that I did can related with my discipline as future engineer which is problem solving .  In this project, I had solving the problem which my team need to do another alternative plan to attract the community at the Apartment Idaman to join our activity such as carnival day for the kids at Toy Libraries. This related when in real life as engineer, we need to solve the problem surrounding. Next, in the service- learning context, I prepared the activity that related to academic and productive brain for kids. One of the activities, I prepared was origami of animals such as butterfly. In this activity, I am very proud wh...

CIVANGERS: ENDGAME

Assalamualaikum and hi everybody! For today posting, I would like to share what I have been summarize for all the five activities that we did throughout this project. First, I want you to know we have several locations which are (Toy Libraries, Damansara Damai), (Lin Lin Kindergarten, SS3 Petaling Jaya) and (Jaya One Mall). Mostly we spent more hours at Toy Libraries because our main point is to socialize and engaged with the children there.  On 30th of March 2019, we went to Toy Libraries Damansara Damai to run our first meet up with the children. There, we met Aunty Jameyah and Puan Katy to discuss on our proposal. We had an opportunity to engage with the children and we did an ice breaking session to know further about each other. After that, we did an activity for the children to brainstorm their ideas on what they want to do for carnival day. In the evening, we did a clearing the Toy Libraries together with the children to make the place look clean and tidy. Befor...