Skip to main content

CIVANGERS: ASSEMBLE !!

           

Assalamualaikum and hi everyone! Today I would like to tell you about the sweet experience when I handling the project at Toy Library (Damai Apartment, Damansara Damai). We call ourselves as Civengers and our group of 10 members. We have chosen the Toy Library as the location of our social engagement project. The Toy Library encourages children in the Apartment area to play games and toys. According to Toy Library Chairman Datin PH Wong, he created the Toy Library to help children in the area that is categorized as a low-income group who have no chance to play because their playground does not have good facilities. Nevertheless, the Toy Libraries faces challenges such as the lack of volunteers to take care of the Toy Library.  


Thus, we as Civangers came to assist this organization. Among the activities we have done in the Apartment area is that we promote the Toy Library and invites parents to become a volunteer to take care of the Toy Library. We spread the flyer from house to house. We also do share our ideas and teach children who are in the range of 11-16 years to handle their own activities to attract other children to come to the Toy Library. 


On 31/3/2019, our team joined together with the member of Toy Library are doing cleaning activity in the Toy Library area. On 13/4/2019, we held a Toy Library Carnival day to attract children around the area. There are about 15-20 children present on that day. During the Carnival day, We have conducted four activities: aerobics exercise, cooking teaching session, creative arts, cleaning activity.


Our activities are not only at the toy library. We also have activities at Ling Ling kinder garden. There two activities that we are doing there which is "gotong-royong" and building toys. The condition of the Ling Ling kinder garden is really dirty. Toy Library buy this kinder garden to make a new branch of Toy Library. Thus, we help them to clean up the Kinder garden. We also built toys and arts craft to decorate the Kinder garden.



In my point of view, the activities that we have conducted is to train the children to practice a healthy lifestyle. It can be expressed in aerobics exercises and cooking activities. We teach them to cook healthy dishes like a sandwich. Throughout the activity, I have got a lot of experience in conducting a project. I also realise that there are the people that need our help to get a proper life and they deserve it regardless of a shortage of money. So with this, the civangers are ready to assemble and help the people. 
Thank You !!!

Written by:
Amir Zulfitri Bin Dziyaularzak (KIA160103)



                

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AMIR ZULFITRI BIN DZIYAULARZAK (KIA160103)

Assalammualaikum and Hi guys! how u all doing? I hope you guys are in good health. It is said to say that our activity with Toy Library is come to end. A lot of memories we share together. Not only that, but we also exchange our idea among each other and share our experience during the activities. Although, there are difficulties that we are facing together but Alhamdullilah the project has been running smoothly. I would like to give credit to Puan Jameyah and Datin PH Wong who has helped us and trust us to do an activity with them. I have learned a lot of things with them particularly in the volunteer programme. They have joined so many volunteer programme and has contributed to a volunteer programme for many years. I have learned a lot during the activities that we are doing at the Toy Library. The first thing is leadership. Since I am the president of the Civangers, I have to deal with many parties. I have to make an agreement between lecturer and Toy Library. Furtherm...

NUR SITI KHADIJAH BINTI MD SAMSUDIN (KIA160113)

Assalammualaikum, hye everyone!😊.Nice to meet you guys.Today I want to share my reflection about all activities that I did with my teams and Toy Libraries. Alhamdulillah, I am so grateful that can join this course. Based the things I got from this project, I can enhance on academic which I can related to our discipline and service-learning context. The activities that I did can related with my discipline as future engineer which is problem solving .  In this project, I had solving the problem which my team need to do another alternative plan to attract the community at the Apartment Idaman to join our activity such as carnival day for the kids at Toy Libraries. This related when in real life as engineer, we need to solve the problem surrounding. Next, in the service- learning context, I prepared the activity that related to academic and productive brain for kids. One of the activities, I prepared was origami of animals such as butterfly. In this activity, I am very proud wh...

CIVANGERS: ENDGAME

Assalamualaikum and hi everybody! For today posting, I would like to share what I have been summarize for all the five activities that we did throughout this project. First, I want you to know we have several locations which are (Toy Libraries, Damansara Damai), (Lin Lin Kindergarten, SS3 Petaling Jaya) and (Jaya One Mall). Mostly we spent more hours at Toy Libraries because our main point is to socialize and engaged with the children there.  On 30th of March 2019, we went to Toy Libraries Damansara Damai to run our first meet up with the children. There, we met Aunty Jameyah and Puan Katy to discuss on our proposal. We had an opportunity to engage with the children and we did an ice breaking session to know further about each other. After that, we did an activity for the children to brainstorm their ideas on what they want to do for carnival day. In the evening, we did a clearing the Toy Libraries together with the children to make the place look clean and tidy. Befor...