Skip to main content

INTRODUCTION TO OUR TEAM & PROJECT TITLE



Assalamualaikum and greeting to everyone who is reading our first ever entry for this blog page called The Civangers. Basically, the name came from the combination of the words civil and avengers which I think most of you familiar of, we got to establish our group name as Civangers because we all are from Civil Department of University Malaya and since we are helping the community. Hence, the word Avengers is used. There are 10 of us who has joined the forces to help the community. The captain of the team is Amir and his vice captain is Azrin who will assist him throughout the journey. The rest of the team members are Raidatul, Khadijah, Izyan, Zul, Syahmi, Abdullah, Ashraf and Halim. Do note that we will update all progress of activities weekly and the postings will be handled by Halim, Raidatul, Abdullah and Izyan. 

First and foremost, we would like to thank Dr Majid for guiding us and the university itself for creating and encouraging students to take this course. We think that this course helps us to communicate with the community and engage with them. Next, we would like to show us our sincere gratitude to Datin PH Wong for letting and given us a chance to be a part of her great journey to help the children and parents who live in Idaman Apartment. 

Furthermore, our propose activity title is Toy Library for children. The main idea of this project is to help the children to spend their quality time with their parents by bringing them such a place called toy library where they can play board games and so on. This will not only strengthen the bond between the children and their parents, it will also prevent the children from doing things that certainly not beneficial. We would also establish a green playground where we will build a playground using woods, branches and etc. Moreover, we will also plant trees as much as possible to make the place more alive and peaceful. 

Last but not least, we are beyond grateful for giving us a chance to help the community and learn a thing or two about social engagement. Plus, we are happy about the fact that this project is involved in constructing a playground which kind of related to our course. That's all from us from today, thank you and see you again on the next post. XOXO



TEAM MEMBERS




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AMIR ZULFITRI BIN DZIYAULARZAK (KIA160103)

Assalammualaikum and Hi guys! how u all doing? I hope you guys are in good health. It is said to say that our activity with Toy Library is come to end. A lot of memories we share together. Not only that, but we also exchange our idea among each other and share our experience during the activities. Although, there are difficulties that we are facing together but Alhamdullilah the project has been running smoothly. I would like to give credit to Puan Jameyah and Datin PH Wong who has helped us and trust us to do an activity with them. I have learned a lot of things with them particularly in the volunteer programme. They have joined so many volunteer programme and has contributed to a volunteer programme for many years. I have learned a lot during the activities that we are doing at the Toy Library. The first thing is leadership. Since I am the president of the Civangers, I have to deal with many parties. I have to make an agreement between lecturer and Toy Library. Furtherm...

NUR SITI KHADIJAH BINTI MD SAMSUDIN (KIA160113)

Assalammualaikum, hye everyone!😊.Nice to meet you guys.Today I want to share my reflection about all activities that I did with my teams and Toy Libraries. Alhamdulillah, I am so grateful that can join this course. Based the things I got from this project, I can enhance on academic which I can related to our discipline and service-learning context. The activities that I did can related with my discipline as future engineer which is problem solving .  In this project, I had solving the problem which my team need to do another alternative plan to attract the community at the Apartment Idaman to join our activity such as carnival day for the kids at Toy Libraries. This related when in real life as engineer, we need to solve the problem surrounding. Next, in the service- learning context, I prepared the activity that related to academic and productive brain for kids. One of the activities, I prepared was origami of animals such as butterfly. In this activity, I am very proud wh...

CIVANGERS: ENDGAME

Assalamualaikum and hi everybody! For today posting, I would like to share what I have been summarize for all the five activities that we did throughout this project. First, I want you to know we have several locations which are (Toy Libraries, Damansara Damai), (Lin Lin Kindergarten, SS3 Petaling Jaya) and (Jaya One Mall). Mostly we spent more hours at Toy Libraries because our main point is to socialize and engaged with the children there.  On 30th of March 2019, we went to Toy Libraries Damansara Damai to run our first meet up with the children. There, we met Aunty Jameyah and Puan Katy to discuss on our proposal. We had an opportunity to engage with the children and we did an ice breaking session to know further about each other. After that, we did an activity for the children to brainstorm their ideas on what they want to do for carnival day. In the evening, we did a clearing the Toy Libraries together with the children to make the place look clean and tidy. Befor...